Aluminium is rated as one of the highly used metals in industries due to its varied range of applications. There are several industries worldwide that are focusing on achieving perfection in aluminium fabrication to get maximum results out of this metal. The aluminium fabrication process involves bending, laser cutting, grinding, stud welding, anodising, powder coating, fastener insertion etc. Here are aluminium fabrication important aspects that you must consider on a priority basis:
- Over the period, the mechanical properties of aluminium may change and it may not deliver the same results for which it has been employed. This is the case when specific types of alloys must be merged with aluminium to make it feasible in the process.
- At the time of metal bending, a special tool must be employed to prevent any kind of bending mark getting developed on the finished product. This is one of the important aspects that must be taken care at the time of aluminium fabrication.
- When doing laser cutting of aluminium, the energy level is extremely high that may affect the metal surface to show some kind of deterioration. So proper attention should be given to the splash free areas and burr-free edges during the process.
- Aluminium metal has a very low melting point and this limitation is completely exposed when grinding the aluminium. An unnecessary buildup of metal has been developed at the time of grinding that may affect the quality of finished product. To deal with this problem, supplementary materials such as wax need to be added to avoid any form of superfluous aluminium residue being developed on the top of the surface.
- Though aluminium is known for its durability, it also comes with few limitations because of its mild nature. At the time of aluminium welding, a breakthrough may happen when a proper voltage is applied to a specific area. However, the solution to this problem is also available that let manufacturers to get away with a severe issue of welding breakthrough.
- Setup, power sources and methods employed are three other areas that one has to look after at the time of aluminium fabrication. When working with different kinds of metals, a different course of actions need to be followed so as to run things smoothly.
- Taking help of steel liner might not be the right idea for the aluminium fabrication. This may create damage to the aluminium surface and you may end up getting finished product with many marks on it. A liner made from Teflon or nylon material is a perfect tool for aluminium fabrication. This will lower the chances of friction on the metal surface thereby keeping the finished product free from any forms of scratches.
The process of aluminium fabrication is quite complicated and a professional aluminium craftsman has to execute it with proper planning by seeking help from the modern equipment. Above discussed aspects will definitely make sure that the process of aluminium fabrication goes smoothly and you get a finished product with utmost perfection.